- The initial header parsing algorithm used by CiteSeerx was developed by Hui Han, C. Lee Giles, Eren Manavoglu, Hongyuan Zha, Zhenyue Zhang, and Edward A. Fox. The algorithm was further refined by Levent Bolelli and Isaac Councill.
- Yang Song developed an initial MyCiteSeer prototype that guided later efforts.
- Yang Sun contributed the venue analysis code for calculating impact factor statistics.
Open Source Acknowledgements
CiteSeerx is supported by numerous excellent open source applications and libraries. Specifically, we would like to thank all who participated in the development of the following projects:
- The MySQL Database and InnoDB Storage Engine
- Apache Tomcat
- The Spring Framework
- Spring Security
- ActiveBPEL Open Source Engine
- The Apache Commons Libraries
- SVMlight support vector machine package
- CRF++ conditional random field package
We Also Recognize
- Andrew Ng was the first to extract title and author information from the header of PostScript files.
- The New Zealand Digital Library was the first to index the full text of PostScript research articles.
- Dr. Eugene Garfield created the idea of citation indexing of the scientific literature.
Many have contributed to CiteSeer and its continuing development. In a list in which some are surely missing, we would like to thank